Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sally 吴敏 Wu Min


Profile: No. 3

Chinese Name:
吴敏 Wu Min

Connotation : Min is deprived from the core ideas of Confuciousm known as modesty, tolerance, credit, brilliancy and wisdom, which means intellect and quick in mind and action, although it’s rather a commonplace name.

English Name: Sally

Connotation: “Sally” was choosen as my English name from a pile of names just for the sake of the melodious pronunciation which reads crisp and clear as the wind bell rings. It embodies a simple, pure image of a girl. And later on, I discovered that “princess” should be the original meaning of this word from Greek, which enable it more preferable to me. And I wish I could be the princess of what I’m engaged in and enjoy every moment of my life happily.

Hometown: Dangyang, Yi Chang, Hu Bei

Renowned Sites in My Hometown: The Great Three Gorges Dam, the world's biggest water conservancy project, attracts millions of people from both home and abroad every year.The marvellous scenery in Three Valleys have also aroused a great number of people. And the county I live in is famous for the buddism and Zhao Zilong, one figure in ancient Three Kingdoms.

Motto: 路漫漫其修远兮,吾将上下而求索

The way ahead is long and has no ending; yet high and low I'll search with my unbending will.
I believe life is meaningless unless we add meaning to it. On the long journey toward happiness, we are destined to be confronted with piles of ordeals one after another. However, where there is hope, there is a way. Life is bland but never mediocre and it's not your resonant voice that declares you the figure of history but your sacrifice on certain cause. Just be patient enough to embrace the day that belongs to you. I say to myself: I walk slowly, but I never walk backwards. Indeed, nobody could step into the same river at a second time. I torture while I enjoy; I shed tears of pain yet I laugh into a blossoming flower; I speak with my head high yet I completate with my head low. Life is too long to tell but too short to experience. Just keep faith in mind and God will be with us.

Hobbies: Watching films or TV serials ; Reading & Recitation; Writing poems; Music Appreciation; Language acquisition; Appreciation of soft music etc.

Major: English

Future Plans: Short-term: Endeavour more on my French acquisition; Read a novel; Review all the lessons

Long-term: To be admitted into my dream university in postgraduate education

Favourite poets: Cao Xue-qin; Li Qing-zhao; Li-bai; Lu You, Yeats etc.

About poetry: Poetry is the highest form of a language. Poems brings about tranquility and profound and beautiful images with rhythm and rhyme together, which can distract us from depression. Some people consider poems as poison or opium-----once getting close to it, you will be addicted to it and never be able to drag ourselves away from it. Nevertheless, those beautiful lines always help eliminate the volcano in your undulate heart. And the excitement overwhelms you when the flood of thoughts dance into the characters in front of you, either solemn or warm , it's as natural as the flow of a bottom-cleaned stream that purify your soul and drive away the thick fog of life and clouds of misfortune. It injects into you the enthusiasm towards life by appreciating the sorrow and happiness as tides go up and down at every minute and the flowers blossom and fade. All the stream of emotion jumps into rhythm of dismay or delight Comfort can be seen between the lines since you witness the mischievous way of the others even worse than yours.

Favourite stars: Zhao Ya-zhi; Jia Jing-wen; Liu Yi-fei; Zhou En-lai

Experience: My life has been always in spring although sometimes it appears to me that the chilly winter attacks me since time will heal everything. I love to stay with friends. It enables me to understand myself better while taking them as mirror. From those busy but meaningful events I participate I learn to be mature; surges and flatness alternating, I sense the pulse of enthusiastic life. Being a drop of water myself, I only reflect the beam of sunshine. I like to get close to nature and appreciate even the most subtle beauty in the world. As a result, I learn to perfect myself through getting touch with my friends and participating in some activities. I am able to calm down myself through the trips and the delicate scenery refines my life.I loves whatever life has provided with me yet I expect the unexpected future full of miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment